How to Apply
Apply to the Mid-Hudson Family Medicine Residency Program
What is your application deadline?
- Applications should be submitted as early as possible (preferably by the end of October). Applications will not be accepted after November 30th.
Are there any application requirements?
- Graduation from an allopathic or osteopathic medical school within the last 5 years, preferably within the last 3 years.
- For international medical school graduates, we require ECFMG certification or eligibility to include passing Parts 1 and 2 CS & CK of the USMLE.
- No greater than 2 failures on all of the USMLE examinations
- For applicants with training completed at an “off-shore” medical school (i.e. a non-LCME-accredited medical school located in one country but with clinical clerkships in another country, most commonly in the US), we accept only applicants from medical schools approved for clerkships in New York State:
- American University of Antigua, Antigua
- American University of the Caribbean, St. Martin
- The Autonomous University of Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Mexico
- English Language Program, University of Debrecen, Medical and Health Science Center, Medical School, Hungary
- English Language Program, Medical University of Lublin, Poland
- English Language Program, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
- Fatima College of Medicine, Manila, Philippines
- International Health and Medicine Program, Ben Gurion University of the Negrev, Beer-Sheva, Israel
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal, India
- Medical University of the Americas/Nevis, West Indies
- Ras Al Khaimah Medical and Health Sciences University, Ras AI Khaimah, UAE
- Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica
- Saba University School of Medicine, Saba
- St. George’s University School of Medicine, Grenada
- St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine, Cayman Islands
- Technion Israel Institute of Technology – Technion American Medical Students Program (TEAMS), Haifa, Israel
- Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar
- Three letters of recommendation in addition to the MSPE (Dean’s letter). Applicants with previous residency experience should include a letter from the residency program director.
- On a case by case basis, we will consider strong applicants who require visa support.
Do you participate in the AOA match?
- We participate in both the AOA and NRMP match. DO applicants may apply through either the AOA or NRMP match.
How many residency positions are there?
- 10 residency positions (including both MD and DO).
How many people apply?
- We receive more than 2,200 applications during recruitment season.
When are the interviews?
- From late October through January, interviews take place on Fridays, except those days adjacent to Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and the New Year’s Eve holidays.
When will I be notified I have been selected for an interview?
- All applicants selected to be interviewed will be notified by email, usually by the end of November.